This article explains anorexia treatment. In recent times, there has been an ongoing trend to lose weight and although there is nothing wrong with looking trim and fit, people are being misled by the slim-fit and well-toned bodies of models they see on magazines and TV. This has driven many to set unrealistic weight loss goals that have ultimately led to induced starvation and serious eating disorder like anorexia nervosa.
This is a severe eating disorder that makes a person have heightened fears of becoming fat and then starving themselves to lose weight in order to have a slimmer body. With its mode and pattern, anorexia is a modern health condition that is fuelled by the constant portrayal of ideal body shape on mainstream and social media.
It is a very common health condition that occurs from the preteen period to early adulthood and has been found to be the third most common chronic illness among teenagers, especially girls.
There are generally two types of anorexia; these are binge/purge and restrictive anorexia. In bing/purge anorexia, a person eats only to intentionally purge or induce vomiting in order to remove the food from their system. While in restrictive anorexia, the person maintains a very strict diet that is lacking in the needed calories to maintain healthy body weight, thereby making the person to be unhealthily underweight.
A common symptom of the condition is a low Body Mass Index (BMI) where a person’s weight is inappropriate in comparison to their height and age. There is also an irrational fear of gaining weight and an abnormal eating pattern. Other symptoms include amenorrhea (abnormal absence of menstruation), lanugo (fine hair growing all over the body), hair loss, swollen hands and legs, osteoporosis, fatigue, irregular heartbeat, insomnia, fatigue, and depression.
Anorexia is believed to be caused by environmental influences, personality traits and genetics.
• Environmental influences: This has to do with the pressure from a person’s immediate environment, and this could include media images, professions and careers that highlight a need for thinner bodies such as modelling and ballet dancing.
• Personality traits: Some people suffer from psychological problems such as childhood trauma, sexual abuses and low self-esteem that makes them be critical of their body, which then results in eating disorders.
• Genetic factors: It is also believed that anorexia may be more likely to affect people with certain genetic traits, which make them more susceptible to suffering from the disorder.
• Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuations in the levels of certain hormones are known to alter a person’s mood and appetite which can result in eating disorders.
Anorexia treatment is targeted at improving appetite and restoring healthy body weight. These can be achieved through the following methods:
• Therapy: A common procedure is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) that helps identify the underlying issues that led to the condition and with the help of a therapist, certain thought patterns can be changed as the patient learns the importance of having a balanced diet.
• Medications: Drugs prescribed for anorexia treatment mostly include antipsychotic drugs, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) which are only to be administered when the patient attains a certain weight, and multivitamins to help promote a healthy appetite.
• Herbal supplements: For eating disorder treatment you can consider herbal supplements. These are very effective in helping to supply the body with needed microelements and vitamins. It also helps to improve bone health, restore electrolyte balance, maintain a stable heartbeat and reverse amenorrhea.
You can order for Cordy Active herbal medicines to treat anorexia, we sell member price to encourage patronage and membership after you have result that our food herbal medicines/supplement works.
The price for Cordy Active is N6,430 excluding cost of delivery. We offer prompt delivery of the products using courier services for between N500 and N2,500 depending on location.
Call us on Mobile: 2348033205456 and Click Here to Send Mail