This article explains edema treatment, symptoms and causes. According to medical science, about 60% of our body is made up of water. But there are times when the over-accumulation of water in parts of the body results in a serious health condition known as edema.
This is a disease that is characterized by swellings in parts of the body due to the accumulation of fluid in body tissues, especially beneath the skin. They are different types of edema which are named after the part of the body that is affected by the disease. For example, pulmonary edema affects the lungs, cerebral edema affects the brain, while pedal edema is so called because it affects the feet.
Although edema can affect anyone, it is most common in elderly people and pregnant women, where it causes swellings in the arms, ankles and legs.
The symptoms will mostly depend on the underlying cause of the condition and the part of the body affected by the disease. The most common symptoms of edema include swollen hands, and legs, puffy face and ankles, shiny skin that leaves a lasting depression when pressed down, fuller necks, body pains, stiff joints, restlessness, increased pulse rate, sight defects, changes in bowel habits, nausea and vomiting.
Edema usually occurs as a result of an underlying health condition, the most common causes include:
• Poor circulation: Water and body fluids are usually absorbed into the blood for circulation throughout the whole body. But in cases where there is poor blood circulation, water retention occurs leading to edema.
• Kidney diseases: The kidney is the primary organ involved in the excretion and re-absorption of water. A defect in the normal function of the kidney can easily result in water retention in body parts.
• Liver disease: Another organ involved in the regulation of body fluid levels is the liver, a disease like liver cirrhosis causes a malfunction in fluid-regulating hormones which makes fluid to leak out from the liver into surrounding tissues.
• Diabetes: One of the resultant effects of insulin deficiency is swellings in certain parts of the body which is due to the accumulation of excess body fluids.
• Malnutrition: A diet that is lacking in essential nutrients and vitamins can result in impaired organ functions which also promote the occurrence of edema.
• Pregnancy: This is one of the most common causes of edema, during pregnancy hormones are released that promotes water retention so this causes more water retention than usual making the face, hands and feet to swell.
Edema treatment methods vary depending on the type of edema, but most common measures include the following:
• Medications: Common medications used for treating edema include diuretics which helps to rid the body of excess fluid by increasing the rate of urine production by the kidneys. Diuretics have serious side effects, so be sure to talk to a doctor before taking this medication.
• Regular exercise: Physical exercise helps to promote the excretion of excess body fluids through sweat and urine production. This also helps to strengthen the muscular lining of organs.
• Herbal medicine: The use of herbal medicine is another effective method for edema treatment as it helps to improve kidney, liver and skin functions. It is also recommended because it has no harmful side effects.
• Blood circulation machine: The regular use of the blood circulation machine helps in removing blood clots, improving organ functions and optimizing water absorption and excretion.
You can order for Reishi and Golden Hypha for the treatment of Edema. The price for Reishi N9,820 and Golden Hypha N13,750 excluding cost of delivery.
We sell member price to encourage patronage and to open membership account with us after you have result that our food herbal medicines/supplement works. We offer prompt delivery of the product using courier services for between N500 and N2,000 nationwide. Call us on Mobile: 2348033205456 and Click her to Send Mail.