If you are interested in acquiring entrepreneurship education in Nigeria, you must understand that formal schools like university, polytechnics and colleges cannot provide you such knowledge.
Schools only prepare you to become an employee not an employer. No wonder most educated Nigerians that attempted to go into business are failing. According to Robert Kiyosaki, “It's difficult for people to realize that school (traditional education) is obsolete. It's difficult for people to understand that what they consider to be "the norm" is damaging their and their children's financial futures.”
For this reason I have devoted this website to sharing with you proven successful entrepreneurship education that can fill the missing gaps in our schools.
1. Keep Learning: As they say in life, the moment you stop learning, you start stagnating. The best entrepreneurship education in Nigeria for you is to keep learning new things in your industry to have competitive edge over your competitors.
You must keep reading quality books in your industry to update your knowledge and attend relevant seminars on how to run your business successfully.
There are many entrepreneurs working hard and their businesses are just surviving. If they had dedicated time and resources to learn new skills in their business, they would have become more knowledgeable and create more positive impact in their industry. That would have led to more income for them.
2. Apply What You Learn: Entrepreneurship education in Nigeria does not stop in just learning, you must apply what you have learnt. According to Napoleon Hill, education consists not so much of knowledge, but of knowledge effectively and persistently applied. People are paid not merely for what they know, but more particularly for what they do with what they know.
If after learning you do nothing with the information, you will get nothing. This applies particularly to businesses on the internet.
There are people that have attended one form of internet marketing training they can apply to promote their business, but they sit back and do nothing. You won’t get result that way.
3. Deliver Value: The mistakes most entrepreneurs are making are to focus all their time and resources in getting new clients rather than offering maximum value to their present clients.
My advice for you is to strive to be the best you can to your current clients. Then you will have clients that keep patronizing your business at whatever reasonable price you are selling it.
4. Render Excellence Services: When you render excellence services that make your present clients happy, with word of mouth they will keep referring new clients to your business.
As you strive to attain excellence in your business, it will raise the standard of your products and services. People will see that there is something special about your business that is missing in your competitors.
5. Avoid Negative Thinking People: Finally, if you are to succeed in applying entrepreneurship education in Nigeria, you must not associate with negative thinking people because they will consciously or unconsciously pull you down to their levels.
It’s very common to hear such people say, there is tough time in the country. This has always been the perception of such people for centuries.
The fact is if you keep applying the principles from entrepreneurship education, no matter the problems in the economy, your business will keep striving.
You should start seeing problems as an opportunity to move your business forward. See this period as an opportunity to provide solace and solutions to others that are seeing hopelessness.
Join Kedi Business and Gain Financial Freedom. Click here for detail information to be a member.
Olabode Oruku is the chief executive officer of Oruku Consultancy Services. The company offers proven online and offline marketing training to small business owners. You can reach me on mobile phone 08033205456 or Click Here To Send Me A Mail.