This article explains hematuria causes, symptoms and treatment. Do you ever notice traces of blood in your urine, or you have observed that your urine has a red or pinkish colouration (like a cola drink)? Then you may be in need of urgent medical attention as this is most likely be a case of hematuria.
This is a condition in which red blood cells are present in the urine, making it change its colouration or in some cases known as microscopic hematuria, there might be no change in colouration but the presence of red blood cells in the urine is confirmed through a laboratory test.
Depending on the actual cause of the condition, hematuria may just be mild or life-threatening.
The most common symptoms of hematuria are the occurrence of blood in the urine, but in cases of microscopic hematuria, there is no noticeable reddish or pinkish colour in the urine. Hematuria, depending on its root cause can result in abdominal pains, discomfort during urinating, urinating more often than usual, nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the gum.
The condition can be due to the following causes:
• Urinary tract infection: An infection in any part of the urinary tract is one of the hematuria causes, but most common include infections in the bladder and kidneys.
• Medications: Drugs that are taken to thin the blood may cause hematuria as a side effect. Such drugs include heparin, warfarin, penicillin and aspirins.
• Kidney stones: Another common cause of hematuria is the development of kidney stones which could block some parts of the kidney and cause attrition in the walls of the kidney leading to bleeding.
• Injury: A physical impact that results in internal injury to the bladder or kidney is one of the hematuria causes. It may cause bleeding that is passed in the urine.
• Exercise: Traces of blood may be found in the urine after undergoing a strenuous exercise and this is more common in males than females. Although this is one of the hematuria causes, it is harmless and the condition is known as exercise hematuria.
There are several methods for hematuria treatment which depend on the actual cause of the condition, these include:
• Medications: When hematuria is caused by a urinary tract infection, antibiotics are prescribed to treat the infection and stop the bleeding.
• Surgery: In cases of kidney stones, tumours or internal injuries, surgeries may be used to treat the condition.
• Herbal remedy: Herbs are used more like medications but in this case, they offer more benefits as they do not have any harmful side effects and can also treat other root causes of the condition aside from infections. Recommended herbal products for hematuria treatment include Reishi and Haemocare. These herbal products prevent the risk of a recurrence of the condition and their anti-inflammatory properties also help to reduce pains associated with the condition.
It is also advisable to drink plenty of water as this will help flush out the urinary tract, improve bladder health and most importantly maintain healthy kidneys as developing stones can be flushed out with urine.
You can order for Reishi and Haemocare herbal medicines for the treatment of hematuria.
We sell member price to encourage patronage and opening an account with the company after you have result that our herbal medicines/food supplement works. The price for Reishi is N9,820 and Haemocare is N7,140 excluding cost of delivery.
We offer prompt delivery of the product using courier services nationwide.
Call us on Mobile: 2348033205456 and send us an email for more information Click Here
P.S. Product(s) will be deliver in 1 day within Lagos and within 4 working days outside Lagos.