This article explains enlarged adenoids treatment, symptoms and causes. Sore throats can be a seriously troubling condition, but when it is accompanied by breathing difficulties and heavy snoring, then it becomes a cause for real concern and the likely cause of these issues could be an enlarged adenoid or adenoiditis.
Adenoids are lymph tissues that are located just above the upper roof plate of the mouth and along the airway leading from the nostrils. Together with the tonsils, it plays a very important role in the immune system, helping to remove harmful microorganisms from the airway. But when the microbial population on the adenoid becomes overloaded, it can become infected and swollen leading to an enlarged adenoid.
Adenoids can be quite small in an average adult and are at their biggest during childhood, growing in size from birth till about 7 years after which they begin to reduce in size. This explains why enlarged adenoids are more common in children, but a number of adult cases have also been reported.
Some common symptoms include difficulty in breathing, sleeping problems, dry mouth and cracked lips, snoring, sleep apnea, persistent runny/stuffy nose, and enlarged adenoid may affect the middle ear resulting in ear infections and even deafness.
The most common causes of enlarged adenoids include the following:
• Infection: A buildup of bacteria and germs in the adenoid can result in an infection which accounts for most cases of enlarged adenoid.
• Weakened immune system: A drop in the body’s natural immune system due to a prolonged illness or health conditions such as HIV/AIDs, can expose the adenoids to infections.
• Allergy: The body’s reaction to an allergen such as dust, peanuts, etc. can result in an enlarged adenoid. The adenoids may shrink if there is no further exposure to these allergens.
• Congenital: Some children are born with adenoids that are naturally larger than normal, the child needs to be monitored to see if the adenoid may reduce in size with age or lead to more serious complications.
There are different methods for adenoids treatment depending on the severity of the condition. Some cases of enlarged adenoids may shrink without any treatment, but if the condition persists, some of the most effective treatment includes the following:
• Medication: Where the diagnosis shows that it is caused by an infection, antibiotics can be prescribed to help in the treatment for adenoids.
• Adenoidectomy: This is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of the adenoid, usually, the tonsils will also be removed to clear the airway and eliminate any further damage that can be caused by the condition.
• Herbal remedy: This is also becoming a popular adenoids treatment option as available herbal formulas contain strong antibiotic and anti-inflammatory agents that will naturally shrink the adenoid without causing any harmful side effects.Learn basic concepts to have a Good Oral Hygiene!
You can order for Reishi herbal medicine to treat enlarged adenoids, we sell member price to encourage patronage and membership after you have result that our food supplement works.
The price is N13,900 excluding cost of delivery. We offer prompt delivery of the product using courier services nationwide.
Call us on Mobile: 2348033205456 or click here to send mail.