Catarrh, which is often referred to as nasal congestion, is the excess release of mucus and it can be the cause of great discomfort and irritation of the body’s airways. This accumulation and release of mucus is an effect of the body’s immune system responding to an infection or irritation. The white blood cells which make up our natural body defense system are released in response to the infection or irritation, and this usually involves activating the mucous membrane in an attempt to rid the body of the infection, leading to the excessive production of mucus.
It is highly prevalent and there is a big chance that every one of us may have struggled with it before. In this article, we are going to look at causes and some quick effective remedies that you can use to stop that runny nose.
Nasal congestion is a condition that is triggered by either another existing body condition or in response to unfavourable environmental factors. Therefore, runny nose might just develop due to the following:
· Flu attack: Since it is a product of the body’s immune response system, it is always common to have it during a flu attack. The increased concentration of white blood cells produced to eliminate the flu virus causes the mucous membrane to release large amounts of mucus to help clear the attack. The flu can also be passed out through coughs and sneezes, and this is why catarrh can be highly contagious.
· External pollutants: Gaseous pollutants such as cigarette can irritate the nose and airways of the body, which then triggers an immune response in order to clear this irritation and this leads to the production of mucus. Some people are naturally susceptible to certain smells due to allergies and this makes them have nasal congestion when exposed to these conditions.
· Cold: The weather also plays a role in the development of catarrh, little wonder the number of people going around with handkerchiefs and blowing their nose increases during the rainy season and in harmattan when the dusty environment also creates irritations in the airways. The number of flu attacks also increases during these periods, leading to more people suffering from it.
Usually, your catarrh may just clear up after some time without the need of taking any drug. But it can also be a long wait for a runny nose to cease by itself; so instead, you can try the following for a quick remedy.
· Menthol: Licking on menthol crystals can be very helpful to clear up decongestions to the nasal airway and ease up irritations. This can help stop it within a short time.
· Steam inhalation: Another inexpensive way of treating it is by inhaling the steam. This is done by putting hot water in a closed bowl, then open it a little to inhale the escaping steam. This helps soothes the irritation and dry up the mucus.
· Turmeric: This warm spice offers very quick relief as its active natural ingredients help to clear nasal passages and suppress inflammations.
· Oranges: Like most fruits rich in vitamin C, taking oranges offers a very effective treatment for it as this helps to strengthen the immune system and fight underlying infections.
· Ginger: The natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of ginger make it very effective in clearing and stopping irritation in airways.
You can order for Reishi herbal medicine for the treatment of Catarrh. We sell member price to encourage patronage and membership after you have result that our food supplement works.
The price is N9,820 excluding cost of delivery. We offer prompt delivery of the product using courier services for between N500 and N1,000 within Lagos. Delivery cost to other states is between N1,000 - N2,000 which depend on your location.
Call us on Mobile: 2348033205456, 2348121325411 or Click here to send mail.