This article discusses the available freckles treatment, causes and symptoms. Have you noticed some circular brown spots on your skin that tend to become pronounced during hot, sunny days? These may be freckles.
Freckles are small circular brown spots that are flat and appear on the face and arms of light-skinned individuals. They are a collection of skin pigments known as melanin. It forms slight sprinkled brown colour on the skin. It is usually present in a lesser amount in light skin individuals or absent in people with albinism.
The sun's ultraviolet rays cause a skin reaction that leads to clusters of melanin spots, resulting in freckles.
Freckles are often painless and non-cancerous and usually become darker in colour when the skin is exposed to sunlight. Because of their multiple appearances on the face, freckles can be a cause of concern for the physical appearance of fair-complexioned individuals and are harmless. It may be confused with more severe skin problems.
In some cases, freckles may have an unusual appearance, reddish, or elevated above the average skin level. A dermatologist should promptly check this as it may just be a case of malignant skin cancer.
As explained above, freckles are caused by a cluster of melanin, below are some of the most common factors that contribute to the development of freckles:
Heredity: The tendency for freckles to develop in an individual is influenced by genetic inheritance; as light-skinned children are more likely to develop freckles compared to those with darker skin colour.
Skin complexion: Freckles appear mostly on people with fair skin complexion due to the concentration of melanin that makes the freckles to be darker than other parts of the skin.
Sunlight: The melanin produced by skin cells known as melanocytes help to shield the skin from the effects of ultraviolet light of the sun. In fair people, exposure of the skin to sunlight triggers melanocytes to produce more melanin, which may result in freckles.
Below are options for freckles treatment:
• Fading creams: These are body lotions that help lighten the skin, but they contain hydroquinone, which suppresses melanin production. And often leave side effects such as inflammation, blistering and excessive skin colouration.
• Chemical peel: The freckles treatment involves using chemical solutions that exfoliate the skin to remove dark spots, allowing new skin to regenerate. Side effects may include irritation, redness and swellings.
• Cryosurgery: This involves freezing and removing the affected skin cells at low temperatures. This freckles treatment may cause some bleeding and blisters but does not leave any scars.
• Laser treatment: This is a medical procedure that involves the use of intense light to target and destroys affected skin cells. The freckles treatment is safe with high success rates and minor side effects such as itching, redness, swelling and changes in skin colour.
• Herbal treatment: Herbal medicine is considered the best treatment to remove freckles. Natural herbal formulas are often preferred as they have no harmful side effects and are effective for treatment. It usually includes lemon juice, lemon and yoghurt extracts, which help lighten the freckles and gradually clear off the spots to give an even natural skin tone.Skin Care
You can order Grapemin-E and Constilease herbal medicines - treatment for dry skin. The price for Constilease is N11,100 and Grapemin-E N13,600, excluding the delivery cost.
We sell member prices to encourage patronage and to open a membership account with us after you show that our food, herbal medicines/supplement works. We offer prompt product delivery using courier services for between N500 and N3,000 nationwide.
Call/Text/WhatsApp/Telegram us on Mobile: 2348033205456/2348121325411 or send us mail for more information. Click Here.