In this article, we discuss the available freckles treatment, causes and symptoms. Have you noticed some brown circular spots on your skin that tend to become more obvious during hot, sunny days? These may be freckles.
Freckles are small circular brown spots that are flat and appear mostly on the face and arms of light-skinned individuals. They are mainly a collection of the skin pigment known as melanin which is responsible for dark skin colour but usually present in a lesser amount in light skin individuals or totally absent in albinos. The ultraviolet rays of the sun cause a skin reaction that leads to the clusters of melanin spots, resulting in freckles.
Freckles are often painless and are non-cancerous and usually become darker in colour when the skin is exposed to sunlight. Because of their multiple appearances on the face, freckles can be a cause of major concern for the physical appearance of fair-complexioned individuals and although they are totally harmless, it may be confused with more serious skin problems.
In some cases, freckles may have an unusual appearance, being reddish, black, painful or elevated above the normal skin level; this should be promptly checked by a dermatologist as it may just be a case of malignant skin cancer.
As explained above, freckles are caused by a cluster of melanin, below are some of the most common factors that contribute to the development of freckles:
Heredity: The tendency for freckles to develop in an individual is influenced by genetic inheritance; as light-skinned children are more likely to develop freckles compared to those with darker skin colour.
Skin complexion: Freckles appear mostly on people with fair skin complexion due to the concentration of melanin that makes the freckles to be darker than other parts of the skin.
Sunlight: The melanin produced by skin cells known as melanocytes help to shield the skin from the effects of ultraviolet light of the sun. In fair people, exposure of the skin to sunlight triggers melanocytes to produce more melanin, which may result in freckles.
Below are options for freckles treatment:
• Fading creams: These are body lotions that help lighten the skin, but they mostly contain hydroquinone which suppresses the production of melanin and often leave side effects such as inflammation, blistering and excessive skin colouration.
• Chemical peel: The freckles treatment involves the use of chemical solutions that exfoliate the skin to remove dark spots, allowing new skin to regenerate. Side effects may include irritation, redness and swellings.
• Cryosurgery: This involves the use of extremely low temperatures to freeze and remove the affected skin cells. This freckles treatment may cause some bleeding and blisters but does not leave any scars.
• Laser treatment: This is a medical procedure that involves the use of intense light to target and destroys affected skin cells. The freckles treatment is safe with high success rates and minor side effects such as itching, redness, swelling and changes in skin colour.
• Herbal treatment: Herbal medicine is regarded as the best treatment to remove freckles. Natural herbal formulas are often preferred as they have no harmful side effects and are very effective for treatment. It usually includes extracts of lemon juice, lemon and yoghurt, which help to lighten the freckles and gradually clear off the spots to give an even natural skin tone.
You can order for Constilease herbal medicine for the treatment of age spots. The price for Constilease is N7,860 excluding cost of delivery.
We sell member price to encourage you to open membership account with us and enjoy members benefits. We offer prompt delivery of the product using courier services for between N500 and N2,500 nationwide. Call us on Mobile: 2348033205456 and Click her to Send Mail.