This article explains herbal remedies for yeast infection, symptoms and causes. Microorganisms are ubiquitous; they can be found almost everywhere, from clothes to food, skin and even the internal parts of our body. Most often than not, these microorganisms that are found inside the body are not harmful, some – like those in the intestinal tract – are even beneficial. A problem usually arises when these organisms multiply and spread uncontrollably, they are then capable of causing diseases; this is the case with female yeast infections.
This is a fungal infection that mainly occurs in the vagina of females, which leads to swellings in the vulva; the sensitive skin that surrounds the vagina, it can also cause whitish vaginal discharge. It is a very common infection that occurs in the lifetime of 3 out of 4 women, with more than half of these women having more than one infection.
The symptoms of this infection include itching and burning sensation around the vulva and inside the vagina, whitish vaginal discharge that looks like cottage cheese, painful intercourse and swelling in the vulva.
The condition is caused by the following:
• Fungus: The main cause of female yeast infection is a fungus known as Candida. This fungus is normally found on the skin surface and inside the vagina but in small numbers, controlled by the acidic level of the vagina. When the acidic level is high it keeps the fungal population in check, but when there is a reduction in the acidic level it results in an increase in the fungal population resulting in female yeast infection.
• Menstruation: During the menstrual cycle, there is a fluctuation in hormonal levels which leads to a reduction in the acidic level of the vagina. This creates a suitable environment for the growth of Candida.
• Pregnancy: Another condition that makes it favourable for the outbreak of female yeast infection is pregnancy. The hormonal changes during this period also favour an increase in the yeast population.
• Medications: There are certain drugs that also alter the balance of acidity in the vagina, these mostly include birth control pills and steroids.
Yeast infections may not present serious symptoms, but they may cause serious discomfort and other complications if left untreated. Herbal remedies for yeast infection and some other effective treatment methods are as follows:
• Hygiene: A dirty and moist environment can encourage the growth of fungus. It is advisable to keep good toilet habits, avoid the use of deodorants and sprays in the vaginal area, don’t use coloured or perfumed toilet papers, keep panties clean and change them daily especially during menstruation. Remove swimsuits and other damp clothing promptly,
• Medicines: Apart from herbal remedies for yeast infection, there are other types of medicines that can be prescribed for yeast infection, a common one is miconazole which is inserted into the vagina to balance its acidic environment and fungal population. There are other drugs that can be taken orally to treat this condition.
• Herbs: Herbal remedies for yeast infection is becoming very popular due to its effectiveness. Herbal anti-fungal creams with anti-inflammatory properties that can be applied around the vulva to stop swellings and irritations. Herbal extracts are also available to correct hormonal imbalance, keep a healthy acidic level in the vagina and rid the body of any associated infections and complications.
You can order for Reishi and Gynapharm herbal products to treat yeast infection. We sell member price to encourage patronage and membership after you have result that our herbal medicines works.
The price for Reishi is N9,820 and Gynapharm is N11,430 excluding cost of delivery. We offer prompt delivery of the product using courier services for between N500 and N2,500 nationwide.
Call us on Mobile: 2348033205456 or click here to send mail.