This article explains laryngitis treatment. Are you having pains in your throat, which is making it difficult for you to swallow or even talk normally? Then it may just be a case of laryngitis. This is a helpful information on the likely causes of the condition and the best ways to treat it effectively.
This is an infection that results in the inflammation of the larynx. The larynx, also known as the voice box, is located in the throat, just beside the oesophagus and it comprises of a mucous-lined membrane that extends into two folds of muscles that open and close at regulated intervals to produce voice and speech sounds. Laryngitis causes the voice box to become swollen, thereby impeding normal voice production.
Depending on the severity of the condition, it can be classified into acute and chronic laryngitis. While acute laryngitis may have mild symptoms and often require no treatment, chronic laryngitis can be more serious and leads to the development of growths such as polyps or nodules in the larynx.
In children, laryngitis can result in a highly contagious respiratory disease known as coup.
A person with laryngitis will notice the following symptoms: pain in the throat, small or hoarse voice, coughing, and frequent clearing of the throat. Chronic laryngitis comes with other symptoms like mild fever, headaches, swollen throat, runny nose and fatigue.
Acute and chronic laryngitis can be caused by different conditions including the following:
• Diphtheria: The most common causes of laryngitis are bacterial infections such as diphtheria and cold flu that affects the nose, throat and air passages triggering swellings and inflammations.
• GERD: A condition known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) brings up stomach acid and contents into the throat leading to laryngitis.
• Smoking: The toxic chemicals contained in tobacco can cause irritation and inflammation in the larynx. This effect has also been found in people that inhale second-hand smoke.
• Inhalers: Medicines that are inhaled including those used by asthma patients contain chemicals that can also cause laryngitis.
The following methods can be used for the treatment of laryngitis:
• Hydration: Drink plenty of water to keep the larynx hydrated as this helps in lubricating the airway and promote healthy function of the mucus lining.
• Less talk: Those with laryngitis are advised to relax the voice box by talking less, even whispering is far more tasking on the larynx as it requires stretching the muscles, so avoid talking in whispers.
• Medications: Acetaminophen drugs are often prescribed for laryngitis treatment to help reduce the pains felt in the throat and also reduce the inflammation. Common medications include paracetamol and ibuprofen.
• Herbal remedy: This is also recommended for treatment of laryngitis as natural herbs. It contains extracts that reduce the risk of bacterial infections and its strong anti-inflammatory property also helps promote healthy function of the larynx. It also takes care of underlying health conditions like GERD and diphtheria. Herbal products are effective for laryngitis treatment.
You can order for Cordy Active herbal medicine and Reishi medicine for the treatment of Laryngitis. The price for Cordy Active is N6,430 and Reishi is N9,820 excluding cost of delivery.
We sell member price to encourage patronage and to open membership account with us after you have result that our food herbal medicines/supplement works. We offer prompt delivery of the product using courier services for between N500 and N2,500 nationwide. Call us on Mobile: 2348033205456 and Click her to Send Mail.