This article explains liver function test options and type of diseases. The liver is the largest organ in the body, and its size gives an indication of the huge roles it plays in ensuring a stable and healthy body function. There are also several diseases that can affect the liver’s function and this usually leads to serious health problems. It is important therefore to take proper care of the liver by knowing its health status and promptly tackling any issues through regular health check-ups.
The liver performs a whole lot of functions that it is also known as the body’s ‘factory.’ Some of these functions include: secretion of bile, storage of excess glucose as glycogen and converting it back to glucose to meet the body’s energy needs, production of amino acids which are used for building proteins, excretion of toxic waste products in the form of urea, production and storage of iron for formation of haemoglobin, manufacturing of blood clotting factors, and many other vital body functions.
These consist of a wide range of conditions that can impair with normal liver functions, they are also referred to as a hepatic disease. Interestingly, the liver is the only organ in the body that can regenerate its own cells and repair damages. But when the disease affects more than 75% of the liver, it can result in a serious and irreparable damage.
This disease involves the inflammation of liver cells, it is caused by
infection. There are different types of hepatitis, they include; hepatitis A
which is caused by the ingestion of fecal matter. Hepatitis B, C and D which
are contracted through infected body fluids during sex, contaminated blood and
needles. Hepatitis D is mostly spread
through contaminated food and water.
• Cirrhosis: This involves the scarring of the liver as liver cells are replaced by scar tissues. Any part of the liver that becomes scarred cannot perform any function, so the condition slowly damages the liver. The major cause of this condition is alcohol intake as the substance is toxic to liver cells.
• Cancers: Here liver cells become malignant and grow abnormally to form a tumor that damages the liver. The cancers can either start primarily from the liver cells or it could be from a secondary organ such as lung, breast, etc. and is moved to the liver via the bloodstream. Liver cancers may likely be hereditary or some environmental factors such as radioactive rays and diet.
• Hemochromatosis: This is a metabolic disorder of the kidney that results in excess amounts of iron in the body which accumulates in the liver, pancreas, heart and other body tissues and resulting in organ failure. Hemochromatosis is a hereditary disease that is passed from one generation to another.
liver disease: This condition is medically referred to as non-alcoholic
steatohepatitis and it is characterized by the accumulation of fats in the
liver which leads to inflammation and gradual breakdown in liver function.
In order to prevent liver disease and its severe health implications, you must undergo regular liver function test using the following procedures:
• Blood tests: The presence of a liver disease can be found using specific blood tests such as complete blood count, which will show a reduced level of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. Blood clotting proteins are also used to ascertain the state of liver function.
• Scans: This uses health machines to provide images that show any damage in the appearance and function of the liver. The procedures, which may be quite expensive, include MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) and CT (computerized axial tomography) scans.
• Quantum Resonance Machine: This health machine also makes use of the resonating effect of magnetic fields on the organs to give a real-time status of liver function. It is now a preferred option for liver function test due to its reduced cost, portability and effectiveness. The operation can easily be learned, reducing the need for frequent hospital visits.
Contact us to buy the Quantum Resonance Magnetic Analyzer Machine. The 3rd Generation cost N25,000 and the 4th Generation cost N30,000. We also offer medical check up with the machine. Call/Text: 08033205456 OR Click Here to send us mail.